Thursday, January 24, 2008

Frugality as Haiku?

I feel like I have to explain this random Haiku post.
For some reason I get the Haiku bug now and then and just feel like I need to write one. I've always fantasized about being a writer...for whatever reason I feel I have a story to tell. I think we all do, really.
And I would love to be able to write poetry. But it's just not one of my gifts. I suppose my mind isn't abstract enough? Maybe I'm too literal? Too predictable?
Whatever it is...whatever the reason for my inability to write poetry...whatever the reason may be, in my mind it doesn't apply to Haiku. Therefore, I think I can actually DO it! So I go with it...I live it...I become one with the Haiku. Only once in a while.
I noticed, however, that I numbered it "Haiku #1".
This leads me to believe that maybe there are more in my future...I'm just sayin'.

No comments: