Saturday, January 5, 2008

Commitment Two




Finish reading the bible.


I began reading my bible, from Leviticus since I'd already read Genesis, in late June. I just started Luke. My commitment is to read the bible all the way through. I am really enjoying it. I had no idea that I would love the Old Testament as much as I do. I was sad when I was finished with it! I can't say that I have retained much. Well, let me rephrase that. I think I've retained a lot because I can recall quite a bit when I hear it again. What I can't do is remember exactly where everything is, or what it said, or names. But it wasn't my intention to memorize it all. My intention was to get it in my head once through...then go back and study individual books or events. That is the part I'm excited about...the deeper study.


Until then, however, I'll keep plugging along with my highlighter and sticky notes, reading and taking notes in each book of the bible until I reach the end.

No comments: