Thursday, November 8, 2007

peanut butter dilemma solved!

So I was at Sam's Club last week. And while I had already decided that I was going to trek the 15 miles to our local Trader Joe's for peanut butter...I thought I'd just take one quick look on the pb aisle...just to see if maybe Sam's carried a natural brand. And would you believe, there next to the regular Skippy...was a twin pack of NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER? I never knew peanut butter could make me so happy. I grabbed a pack and proceeded to read the label: roasted peanuts, sugar, palm oil, salt. That's it. Done. No additives. No preservatives. No partially hydrogenated oil. No high-fructose corn syrup. Just a simple 4 ingredients...as if I made it in my own kitchen. I love it. And...I was so excited to tell my family! Not that this excites them as much as it does me...but it does AMUSE them...and that is enough for me. Deep down they truly are glad...even though my oldest keeps saying, "Oh no! My mom is a health nut!" No...not really. Well, yes...a nut...true. But not a health nut. Just a mom who cares what she puts in her kids' bodies. And a wife who wants her husband to live a long time. Anyway...I highly recommend the Skippy Natural. It does not require refrigeration. Nor does it require stirring due to the addition of the palm oil. And it tasted REALLY good...just like fresh peanuts. And it doesn't leave that greasy fatty film on your tongue...ick.

Try it...let me know what you think!

No comments: