Friday, February 15, 2008

I love a bargain.

I realized last week that we have one of those discount home stores, Tuesday Morning, within 15 miles of my house. I have been seeing it advertised for a while now but never knew there was one so close. I decided to go check it out last week. I have to say, I wasn't impressed. Not at all. I much prefer my usual Home Goods, Marshall's and Ross for reasonably priced home decor items. BUT, I did find ONE thing that made me very happy. A copy of Food to Live By by Myra Goodman. This had been on my Amazon Wish List for months! And I found it at Tuesday Morning for $14.99. Regularly priced it would have been $35. Amazon has it for $14.93. Cheaper, yes. But I would have had to pay for shipping. So for me this was a GOOD deal. And so far I love it. It's got lots of stories of how their farm got started...what they grow...what they do...tells about their roadside stand..plus many recipes that sound really, really good. I haven't tried one yet...but the weekend is here...and I plan on relaxing in the kitchen!


Here it is feeling quite at home on the hutch in my kitchen.
I'll let you know which recipe I chose and how it turned out!

1 comment: