Friday, February 15, 2008

Pink with Sprinkles!

Can you guess what I'm going to make?
Oh yeah...the PINK marshmallows are melting nicely.
Just about ready...
Mmmmm...yum...the finished product.
Pink Rice Krispie treats with sprinkles for my sweet Valentine's.


Yesterday while perusing the clearance aisles at Target I ran across some PINK marshmallows! They were priced at .84 cents a bag! I couldn't resist...I bought three bags. Two for the kids Valentine's party we had at church last night and one for my own family. I purchased Target brand puffed rice cereal for $1.67 a box. So for roughly $7.50 I had three glorious pans of pink marshmallow-y goodness! They were delicious!

My Valentine was very sweet. At Christmas time I had mentioned wanting a wood carving tool set so that I can make some lino carvings. Well, he had already spent his Christmas budget for my presents and wasn't able to get the carving set for me. That was OK...his budget was well spent and I loved all of my Christmas presents. Christmas came and went and I pretty much forgot about the carving set...thinking of it on occasion and putting it in the back of my head for a "purchase someday". Then on Tuesday we were at the church helping with a luncheon and someone had brought a bag of Hershey's chocolates. I scrounged around looking for a Mr. Goodbar...without any luck...then made a comment about wishing there was a Mr. Goodbar in the bag because I love them so much.

So here's where the sweet part comes in. And I should preface this whole story with the fact that I told him I did NOT want flowers this year. For the amount of money spent on flowers I could have a WHOLE lot more AND it wouldn't die in 3 days. This meant he'd either have to get me nothing OR be creative. Luckily, he chose creative! My Valentine surprised me with a GIANT Mr. Goodbar and a wood carving tool set, AND some graphite tracing paper! He also gave me a nice card with the most beautiful words inside that he'd written himself. I was so touched. I think it just might be the best Valentine's Day yet. So thoughtful and romantic and sweet...I love him more and more each day.

No comments: