Friday, April 11, 2008

Slacker.

No, I'm not really a slacker. But my internet connection was! I had no internet yesterday...amazing how reliant we've become on the internet, isn't it? Scary, really. So since I couldn't write my haiku, or shall I say TYPE my haiku, directly into my blog, can you believe I had to actually get a pen and a piece of paper and WRITE it down? Barbaric, I know. Unheard of. I feel so behind the times. Amazing any of us were able to manage before the internet, isn't it? I was talking to a friend the other day who dropped her cell phone and the battery popped out. When she put the phone back together it wasn't working. So she thought to give a call to someone to help her out. But do you know she couldn't call anyone because she didn't know any of their numbers? That's right. They were all programmed into her phone, but no phone=no numbers=no communication. Scary. I remember when I had tons of numbers in my head. I knew everyone's number by heart...I can still remember my childhood phone number...793-6950. We are just too reliant on technology..

I think I'm going to go buy myself a pocket phone book and start writing people's number down, like in the old days. Just in case.

No comments: